Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Blonde in Florence goes on Tour (with ‘The Mama’ in tow)



Take one look at this year’s red carpet and you’ll see that far from being un-cool for travelling with The Mama, I’m bang on trend. As mum (sorry I meant sister – doesn’t look a day over 30) proudly told me the other night, whilst reading an article in the Times (I later found said article neatly cut out, highlighted and put on my bed), the latest must-have accessory for any girl/guy-about-town is ‘mama’. It appears that I needn’t hide behind dark glasses and bury myself in a book (note to self – do not take Bridget Jones). Instead I can positively bask in the knowledge that I’m simply doing as contemporary British women do… keeping it in the family. Admittedly the Italians might not bat an eyelid at this leap of faith but for us Brits this should be seen as a sign of positive progress.

And so I embark on a week’s holiday in Morocco with the Scissors Sisters number one hit reverberating in my ears: ‘Take your mama out all night…” (headphones in ears, mama mouthing at me to turn the music down).

1 comment:

  1. I'm doing a course on Systems Thinking at the moment - it keeps telling me that I must learn from my failures and be open about them so that I might gain insight and thus create a learning cycle - I can't help but feel when I read your article; whilst taking a much needed break, from reflecting on my lifes failures; that the Italians would be better at this than the Brits - they seem more open in every regard, therefore better Systems Thinkers... Largely irrelevant here, but there you go!

    I went on holiday with my parents last Easter, which raised some eye brows among friends, should I now tell them that I was actually setting a trend?

    PS. Why has Madonnas Daughter got a male builders' arm in that picutre! Very odd!

    ReplyDelete